James O’Connor has been BirdLife Australia’s Head of Research since the organisation’s inception in 2011, and previous to that was Research Manager at Birds Australia from 2008.
He develops and manages a large and diverse portfolio of conservation and research-oriented projects aimed at improving the status of Australia’s threatened avifauna, and has co-edited several editions of BirdLife’s State of Australia’s Birds reports.
- View the Index
- TSX data visualiser
- How do I know how good the index is?
- The 2023 Threatened Bird Index
- The 2022 TSX update
- The first Threatened Plant Index (2020)
- The first Threatened Mammal Index (2019)
- The first Threatened Bird Index (2018)
- Contribute Data